What’s inside this 1-on-1 Company Check-in:
1👤 Thoughts on the team
Ask your direct report the following questions to check in on their thoughts on the team.
- How do you feel about your team’s priorities?
- What are they working on that seems unimportant or counterproductive?
- What are they not doing that you wish they would do?
- Have you talked to these other teams directly about your concerns? If not, why not?
- Do you think our team is well recognized/appreciated in the company?
2🏢 Thoughts on the company
Ask your direct report the following questions to check in on their thoughts on the company.
- What would you change about our product?
- What’s the biggest problem in our organization?
- What is the #1 opportunity for our company?
- What do you think is the biggest risk for our company?
- What’s your favourite part about working in this company?
- If you were the CEO, what would you change today?
- What are your favourite parts about our company culture?
- Are there any aspects of our company culture you wish you could change?
- How can we make our company more inclusive and diverse?
- What is the most inefficient process or part of the business?
- What is something we’re not doing as a company that we should be doing?
- If there was something that would make someone want to leave the company, what would that be?
- What area of the company would you like to learn more about?
- Do you think we’ve made our company values/mission clear for everyone?
- What’s one thing we can do to improve internal communication?
- What do you think about this year’s strategy?
- When have you felt the proudest about being part of this company?
3✅ Action items
What came out of this meeting? What are the next steps?